The Gift of Gratitude: What YOU Can Give
There are many ways in which YOU can help celebrate gratitude with Burbank READS.
1) Submit your personal gratitude list right now. Go on, count three or four things for which you’re grateful, and send the list to email@example.com.
2) Now ask everyone you know to do #1. We’re building The World’s Largest Gratitude List. We need YOU!
3) Spread the word about Burbank READS to everyone you know. Forward this email. Invite friends, family members, and coworkers to Burbank READS events. Alert the media. The message is yours to carry.
3) If you work for a company, or own a local business, that would like to donate goods, services, gift cards, or other products for Burbank READS goodie bags, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ve already got lots of celebrity-signed swag ready to go, but would love your participation.
4) Make a tax-deductible donation to Burbank Friends of the Library: http://www.burbank.lib.ca.us/friends-gifts.cfm.
5) Donate Copies of ON GRATITUDE to Burbank Students & US Military. Last fall, Todd Aaron Jensen and publisher Adams Media donated 1000 copies of ON GRATITUDE to US service members stationed overseas, via Operation Gratitude. The gift had a profound impact and resonance for the author and the troops alike. Now it’s your turn… Grammy-winning songstress Alicia Keys says, “Giving is the greatest way to live a life.” If you would like to purchase a block of signed books at a discounted rate and gift them to your favorite organization, school, church, and company in time for the holidays, we would be thrilled to connect with you. We are also looking for sponsors to gift 1300 books to Burbank Unified School District, so that every graduating senior high school student can receive a complimentary, signed copy of On Gratitude, and sponsorships of 50, 100, 250, and 500 books for US service members, via Operation Gratitude. Purchase more than 50 copies of On Gratitude book during Burbank READS at discounted rate and a portion of your purchase also serves Burbank Friends of the Library. For more information: email@example.com or 818.209.8975.
6) SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY: Small Giving Equals Big Love. With loving thanks to City of Burbank and Burbank Friends of the Library, Burbank READS events are absolutely FREE. If you’re wondering how to express your gratitude for these blessings, please bring monetary donations, commercially-prepared, unopened foods, or other excellent-condition goods for donation to The Salvation Army, Burbank Temporary Aid Center, and Burbank Family Service Agency. Make A Difference Day is October 22, but Burbank READS will be collecting your tax-deductible donations on behalf of these fine organizations from September 21 – October 29.
7) THE REVOLUTION IS BEING BROADCAST: www.GratitudeRadioStations.com. The brainchild of entertainer Jeffery Allen Spence, GratitudeRadio is an Internet radio station designed to bring gratitude to the world through a programmed format with music and encouragement. This format will consist of 95% music and 5% spoken encouragement which will include encouraging DJs, morning meditations and short gratitude talks from national authors, artists, and celebrities. GratitudeRadio will encourage and promote new artists performing songs of gratitude, as well as established artists. On Gratitude author Todd Aaron Jensen will be joining the station’s line-up this fall with a pair of hour-long programs, Mantras of Gratitude, featuring yoga music for healing, expanding, and elevating, and Thank Your Lucky Stars, an interview program featuring A-list celebrities sharing their stories of thanks. www.GratitudeRadioStations.com.
8) Do something nice for someone you don’t know.